Pool Rules & User Agreement
GUESTS ADMISSION TO FACILITIES
1. Members must check in guests and accompany them at all times.
2. Members’ guests shall be granted use of the The Swimmery for one day for $10 per person during open hours.
3. It is the responsibility of the member to ensure all guests understand and comply with pool rules.
4. Admission of guests, at any given time, shall be at the discretion of the management.
5. Admission of guests should be limited to a reasonable number. The member must provide adequate on-site supervision for all guests.
1. Admission may be refused to anyone with open wounds, colds, infections, bandages, or communicable
diseases unless the individual has a release from a physician stating that the problem is not contagious to
others in the facility.
2. The Swimmery is a NON SMOKING FACILITY. Any type of smoking, including nicotine cigarettes, cigars, pipes, marijuana, and e-cigarettes is prohibited on the premises unless you are sitting in the privacy of your own car.
2. Lifeguards may require a BASIC SWIMMING TEST to any child. The BASIC SWIMMING TEST consists of:
Swimming the width of the pool and back. If a lifeguard must intervene to ensure the child’s safety during the swim test, or if the child tires before making it all the way across, the child will be required to wear a life vest provided by The Swimmery.
3. Non-Toilet trained children using the wading pool must wear SWIM DIAPERS
in accordance with Health Codes. Approved SWIM DIAPERS are available from gate attendant
for $1.00 per pair.
4. In the event of fecal or vomit contamination, the pool will be closed in accordance with Health Department Regulations.
RULES: SWIMMING POOL HEALTH AND SAFETY
All persons must shower before entering the pool.
No running, pushing or horseplay is permitted in the pool, on the deck, or on the premises of The Swimmery.
Throwing children into the water is not allowed.
Throwing children in the air is not allowed.
Parents teaching their children to swim will not utilize “sink or swim” techniques or allow any child to struggle to stay afloat.
Food and refreshments are permitted on the pool deck and must be kept 5’ away from the edge of the pool.
The pool must not be used as a substitute for bathrooms. Swimmers are encouraged to take frequent bathroom breaks, particularly younger children.
Blowing of nose into the pool is prohibited.
Littering, destruction of property, or unruly behavior will not be tolerated.
Breath-holding games are prohibited.
Glass is prohibited.
Parents are responsible for the supervision and safety of their children, regardless of age or swim level. Lifeguards are not babysitters.
Kickboards, noodles, nerf toys and soft, inflatable balls may be used in the pool area.
Inflatable rafts, round tubes, or other inflatable flotation devices are prohibited due to the blind spots they cause the lifeguards and the unreliability of their air tightness.
The Swimmery provides sturdy foam pool toys that can be used upon request to the lifeguard.
The Swimmery provides foam noodles as well to be used ONE PER PERSON. NOODLE RAFTING (using a bundle of noodles to float) is prohibited.
Inflatable arm floaties are prohibited. The Swimmery provides coast-guard approved life vests for any child who cannot swim independently.
Pool toys of any kind are not permitted in the diving area.
Large pool toys are not permitted in the baby pool. Beach balls, dive sticks, and small pool toys are permitted.
NO-Diving Board Rules
DIVING IS PROHIBITED!
General swimming or playing in the water is not permitted in the diving area.
Pool toys are not permitted in the diving well.
Only one person is allowed on the diving board at a time.
Only one jump is allowed on the diving board.
Jumping: Only forward-facing, feet-first jumping is allowed, meaning no flips, belly flops, spins, or silly antics. The jumper is to return to the surface and exit the diving area immediately.
Goggles are not permitted when using the diving board due to the rapid increase in intraocular pressure of the eye socket, which could cause hemorrhage or other injuries to the eyes.
Jumping or diving off the sides of the diving area is prohibited. Only the diving board may be used for entering the diving area.
The slide is for independent swimmers ages 4 and up.
Only one person is permitted on the slide at a time, meaning swimmers must wait at the base of the ladder until the person in front of them has completed their slide.
Children, regardless of age, who depend on flotation devices to stay afloat are not permitted on the slide, even with flotation devices.
Goggles are not permitted when using the slide due to the rapid increase in intraocular pressure of the eye socket, which could cause hemorrhage or other injuries to the eyes.
Once the slide is complete, the swimmer is to return to the surface and move out of the area to allow the next person to slide.
1. The applicant hereby applies for membership at The Swimmery and agrees to comply with and abide by its policies, rules, and regulations as they now exist and as they may be changed or supplemented in the future.
2. Applicant agrees to pay the membership fee, and understands that no part of this fee will be refunded if applicant resigns or membership is terminated for any reason.
3. The applicant understands that refunds will not be given for inclement weather closures, maintenance closures, changes in pool hours, or other closures that are deemed necessary for the safety of our patrons.
3. The applicant understands that this membership is for the sole purpose of permitting entrance to the The Swimmery swimming pool and its facilities, and does not confer any right to management, ownership or control of The Swimmery.
4. The applicant understands that Jacque Thurman, the owner, may be contacted anytime for any reason via text at 719-291-6897. Please don’t hesitate to communicate directly and immediately with her regarding any problems, complaints, recommendations or questions!
5. The applicant understands that if applicable, the account holder is subject to a returned check fee of $25 assessed by The Swimmery.
Release of Liability:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the program, related events, and activities, I, the under signer, acknowledge, appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in this program is significant, including potential for permanent paralysis and death.
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releases or others, and assume full responsibility of my participation.
3. I willingly agree to comply with terms and conditions for my participation. If I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from
participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest facility staff immediately.
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representative, and next of kin, hereby release, indemnify, and hold harmless The Swimmery its officials, agents, employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises used to conduct the event, from any and all claims, demands, losses, and liability arising out of or related to any injury, disability, or death I may suffer, or loss of damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasers or otherwise, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. If applicable, I certify that, I, as parent or guardian with legal responsibility for all underage participants, do consent to his or her release as provided above. In addition, for myself, my heirs, assigns, and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless The Swimmery, its officials, agents, employees, other participants, sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and leasers of the premises used to conduct the event, from and any all liability incidents to my minor child’s involvement or participation in these programs as provided above, even if arising from the negligence of the releases, to the fullest extent applicable by law.